Faith Formation and particularly Sacramental Preparation for our young people has continued to be affected by the pandemic, and many have not had the opportunity to begin the 2-year process to prepare for their 1st Communion. The Archdiocese of Baltimore, St John the Evangelist, and St Joseph on Carrollton Manor require that children receive 2 consecutive years of faith formation for the reception of the sacraments. As a Church, we want our youth to be able to receive the Eucharist and participate fully in the celebration of Mass.
We are offering a unique opportunity to help meet the requirements for the first year of faith formation this summer in our Sacrament Bootcamp. Two full weeks of catechism classes will prepare your child for the next step in their formation. In the Fall of 2022, your child will be able to enroll in the faith formation and Sacrament Preparation and receive their 1st Communion in Spring 2023 if they complete the Sacrament Boot Camp.
Sacrament Boot Camp Details:
- Open to CURRENT 2nd-grade students and above. (3rd-grade students and above in fall 2022)
- July 18-22 and 25-29th from 6:30-8:00 pm at St. John
- Each evening there will be in-person sessions with trained catechists.
- Snacks provided.
- Students MUST attend all 10 sessions.
- Families from either St Joseph or St John are welcome to participate in this program.
- A limited amount of financial assistance is available
- The registration deadline is June 1, 2022
For more information please contact Amy Spessard firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Ryan at email@example.com