The mission of the Outreach Ministry is to provide basic human needs for those in our community regardless of faith, race, or age. We provide helping hands for all those in need.
If you are interested in being involved in any of the projects below with the exception of the Food Bank, please contact Mary Ann Breland at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the Food Bank please contact George Beall at email@example.com (Meetings are only held if necessary.)
To request assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our parish supports St. Joseph Outreach initiatives, St. Vincent de Paul, and Birthright through our Poor Box. Additional organizations in our area that can also offer assistance are:
- Birthright – Frederick
- Maryland Catholic Charities
- Centro Hispano de Frederick
- Christopher Place Transitional Housing
- Habitat for Humanity – Frederick
- Heartly House – “Love Shouldn’t Hurt” – Frederick
- Interfaith Housing Alliance, Inc. – Frederick
- Mission of Mercy – Frederick
- My Sister’s Place Women’s Center – Baltimore
- Our Daily Bread Employment Center – Baltimore
- The Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs – Frederick
- St. Vincent De Paul – Frederick (301) 662-4676
Our Community Outreach Initiatives:
- Warm-up Collection for the Alan P. Linton Emergency Shelter
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Meal Drive
- Angel Tags – Christmas
- Mother’s Day Gift Bags
- Baby Shower for Birthright
- School Supplies For Those in Need – Stuff the Bus
- Food Pantry
If you are interested in volunteering in this ministry or have questions, please click on the link below and submit your information.
We adhere to the Archdiocese of Baltimore Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth. All adult volunteers in this ministry need to register on our management compliance website www.virtus.org and read the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct and Statement of Policy, complete online training, have a background screen performed, and provide 3 references. The training and background check must be repeated every 5 years. For more information, click here.