Greeters are the first ministers our worshiping community interacts with and therefore are instrumental in making a positive first impression and welcoming everyone who enters through our doors. One of the most important requirements of being a Greeter is to be able to smile and make someone feel welcome.
- Welcome, host and create an atmosphere conducive to the act of worship.
- Assist parishioners as they enter our worship space.
- Assist worshipers to their seats if they need assistance or if they arrive after Mass has begun.
- Assist the Mass Coordinator in creating a Mass count of the worshipers.
- Collect the monetary offerings of the community.
- Assist the congregation during Holy Communion
- Assist worshipers that need additional attention, if necessary.
- Distribute the church bulletins as the assembly leaves the Church
- Arrange hymnals and check pews after the congregation leaves the Church
- Children can be greeters at St. Joseph’s! This a wonderful way for youth and/or their families to minister at St. Joseph’s. Youth should be baptized and have received First Eucharist.
- Able to SMILE, welcome, host, and create an atmosphere conducive to the act of worship.
- Ability to exchange greetings with persons you do not know and encourage conversations among groups of people.
- Be watchful of the needs of others, for the unfamiliar face or someone who just needs someone to say Hello!
If you are interested in volunteering in this ministry or have questions, please click on the link below and submit your information.