Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion assist the priest and deacon in distributing the Eucharist at Mass and to those that are home-bound, in nursing homes, or at the hospital. As this is a very privileged role to which adults are invited, an application must be completed that is reviewed by the priest and submitted to the Archdiocese for approval.
Extraordinary Minister Requirements
- Flexibility to serve when needed.
- Is a practicing, faith-filled member of the community and in “good standing” with the doctrines of the Catholic Church.
- Willing to arrive at least 10-15 minutes before your scheduled Mass time and check in with the Mass Coordinator, also to stay 10-15 minutes after Mass to purify the sacred vessels and prepare for the next if a Sacristan is not available
- Understand that you are distributing the real Body and Blood of Christ to your fellow parishioners.
- Reverence our Church community as the “Body of Christ.”
- Willing to find a responsible substitute if unable to serve at your scheduled time.
Extraordinary Minister Skills
- Moves with reverence and grace.
- Does not rush just to get the task done.
- At ease in front of people.
- Can take direction well.
- Can exercise the role of hospitality.
- Wants to be a servant to the community.
- Handles the Body of Christ at all times with reverence
- Responsible and reliable
If you are interested in volunteering in this ministry or have questions, please click on the link below and submit your information.