St. John Regional Catholic School
St. John Regional Catholic School (SJRCS) is your parish school. SJRCS is supported by seven regional parishes in the Frederick County area. Priority for acceptance is given to those families who are registered parishioners.
Founded by Fr. John McElroy, a Jesuit priest, in 1829, SJRC is one of the oldest Catholic schools on the eastern seaboard. The school had been located on E. Second Street in downtown Frederick until August 2005, when the school moved to its present location at 8414 Opossumtown Pike.
The facility can accommodate 750 students in grades Pre-K through 8. The state-of-the-art building provides computer and science labs, a media center/library, a gymnasium and sports fields.
The curriculum is based on the Elementary Course of Study prescribed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore. It is aligned with national standards and the Maryland State Department of Education. Catholic identity is woven into the learning process, so God’s presence is evident in all subject areas.
Information about admissions procedures and registration forms may be downloaded from the St. John school website at www.sjrcs.org. Tuition assistance is also available. Please call the school’s business office at (301) 662-6722. More information can be found here.
Private school tours are available Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 am to 11 am. Please call the Office of Institutional Advancement at (301) 695-9358 to make tour arrangements.
Area Catholic Schools